United Way of Kolkatai (UWK) is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself ("Personal Information”) on this site http://www.uwkolkata.org
- Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
- Your name and address
- Your nationality
- Your country of origin
- A user ID and password of your choice
- Your email and mailing address
- Your telephone number
- Your payment processing details
- Any other data as UWK may require
- Collection of Information
- Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal
- While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information ("General Information”) about your visit.
- The General Information is not Personal Information. UWK’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from
- The General Information is used by UWK for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in UWK and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by UWK with any person, at UWK”s
- Usage of Information
Personal information will be used by UWK for internal purposes including the following:
- Sending to you, inter alia, emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, UWK”s Annual Report, request for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by UWK and other
- Processing your donations to UWK on the
- Maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
- Evaluating and administering the Site and UWK”s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- Disclosure of Personal Information by UWK
- Within UWK, access to Personal Information collected by UWK will be given only to those persons who are authorised by UWK and third parties hired by UWK to perform administrative services. UWK will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in UWK”s Database, processing your donations, preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. UWK cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and UWK will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third
- UWK may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with UWK, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with UWK in any manner. UWK will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems
- UWK is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and UWK, UWK reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect UWK and its property, to fulfil your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of
- UWK endeavours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal
- UWK however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal
- Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of UWK and/or its content suppliers. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of UWK. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, and / or making a donation. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of UWK.
- Refund & Cancellation
Since all transactions online on the site are donations for which a tax exemption certificate is issued no refund or cancellation is possible for the same except in the case where the transaction is fraudulent or unauthorised in nature whereby cardholder can initiate chargeback on the transaction with their respective bank.
By virtue of registering with United Way Delhi and
participating in the Vedanta Delhi Half Marathon 2022, the participating NGO
shall utilise this platform for the sole purposes of promoting its NGO, its
work, its cause/s and raising support and funds for the same.
The participating NGOs shall not act, communicate
or indulge in any activity that shall defame or bring disrepute to the Event,
its Sponsors and Partners, the Event Promoter or any stakeholder of the Event.
Any NGO that acts in contradiction to the clauses
mentioned hereinabove shall be de-registered by the Philanthropy Partner with
immediate effect and shall be debarred from fundraising and being associated
with the Event with immediate effect.
11. Image and Video Release and Authorisation
By uploading an image/media on the webpage, the NGO
certifies that it has appropriate Image/Video authorisation forms signed as